Sunday 5 June 2016

First Blog

First Blog...

Hello World!

Realizing that it is 2016 and the world has seen many technological advancements, it is quite surreal to acknowledge that I have not yet ventured into the wonderful world of blogging.  I have Embry-Riddle Aeronautic University (ERAU) to thank for helping me take the first plunge this world of blogging...here we go:

Education

I completed my undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering at the Royal Military College of Canada.  This is the Canadian Military University which is the equivalent to Sandhurst of the U.K. or Westpoint in the U.S. I completed this in 2007.

Shortly after that, I started a part-time MBA program at the University of Ottawa during my first military posting in Ottawa.  I completed this very rewarding program knowing a little bit more about the business/for-profit world and also met a lot of lifelong friends.  This program lasted about 2.5 years from 2009 until late 2011.


As of March 2016, I decided to pursue more secondary education and enrolled at Embry-Riddle Aeronautic University (ERAU) in the Masters of Science Program for Unmanned Systems.  I see this an an emerging sector and want to be well positioned and prepared as it becomes an integral feature of our everyday life.

Employment

I started working in 2009 as the C130E/H Avionics Officer in charge of various Repair and Overhaul Contracts. In 2010, I moved into the Deputy Business Planning role for the Level 2 Air Force Directorate of Aerospace Engineering Program. Since 2012, I have worked as the C130J Aircraft Maintenance Officer in charge of all aspects of maintenance for the Canadian Fleet. I have cherished the first-line opportunity and experiences gained and as of this summer, I will be relocating to DRDC Toronto to work on research and development. I am currently a Captain.
 

Family

I married the love of my life in 2012 after 5 years of dating and since then have continued to have fun! The honeymoon period has not appeared to have ended just yet!
 

Hobbies/Interests

I enjoy traveling a lot and hope to visit many more places before my wife and I grow our family! 

I also enjoy soccer (or more accurately known as football). It is not that fun to watch but I am an avid player and hope to expand my interest to venture into refereeing in the near future.

Taken in the most northern inhabited place in the world (CFS Alert) in summer 2015.

Cheers! 

1 comment: